The Return of the Animal Print in 2019
Everywhere I look, all I see is the animal print trend. My Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter time lines are filled with lovely takes on the animal print trend. As well as when window shopping at the malls, every store has something of these prints.
Fashion shows of SS18/19 (Spring Summer Season 2018 & 2019) have embraced this trend in a 👌🏽chic way too, I guess that’s why currently animal prints are somewhat everywhere, it is like jungle fever. This trend though is not all that brand new, it makes it’s return ever so often.
History of Animal Print
Here is a quick fashion history lesson:
- Starting in the 1920s with leopard fur coats, these were symbols of wealth and status
- 1960s leopard printed handbags & matching hats
- 1995 leopard print dresses on the runway for fashion week SS95
- 2000, snake print shakes the fashion world being very prominent in pop music videos (Christina Aguilera and them)
- 2007, leopard print shoes are on trend for both males & females
- 2013, Jennifer Lopez in a leopard print evening gown at the Met Gala
- 2015, the runway sees the return of the leopard print dresses during fashion week
- 2018/2019 leopard is not the only star of the show, tiger, zebra, cheetah and snake prints dominated runways and street style for all seasons (Summer, Autumn, Winter & Spring)
Animal Print is back in fashion for the umpteenth time and guess what? You don’t need to break your bank to keep up with the trend. Just go check your closet, your parents’ closet, your grandparents’ or the local thrift shop. you will find something you like. That’s what I did to achieve this look, top found in my mom’s closet and shoes in my own closet.
If you can afford to, invest in a timeless good quality piece. two to five years down the line the trend will be back and hot again. Then you can revisit that item. I am considering buying a snake print pair of shoes or a handbag 🤔. (Still undecided)
Here To Stay
I think this trend will forever be chic, I mean if Kings and Queens use these prints as a symbol of their status. Who am I to not be lead by royalty and influencers to adopt this trend?
However, this current season I am feeling the snake print. Y’all are killing it. In my opinion the snake wins this time.
All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than othersAnimal Farm
Thank you for visiting,