Easy Chicken, Bacon & Spinach Pasta with Tomatoes in a Creamy Sauce
What’s For Dinner?
Are you craving some comfort food that will not have you slaving over the stove for more than an hour? In fact, it takes just forty (40) min to get this one pan flavoursome and cheesy easy to make dinner. This easy chicken pasta recipe is for you. This Chicken, Bacon and Spinach Pasta with Tomatoes in a Creamy Sauce is certainly easy enough to whip up after an exhausting day.
I more than the word enjoy Italian cuisine, which is why I am excited to share my version of the Italian-inspired recipe of Chicken Pasta. The dish is made of penne pasta with sliced chicken breast and bacon tossed with some spinach and tomatoes in a creamy, delicious sauce made with three (3) cheeses.
I can imagine your mouth is watering after reading that, here are the ingredients I used to make this Chicken, Bacon and Spinach Pasta with Tomatoes in a Creamy Sauce Dish.
Related: What’s For Breakfast Today?
Easy Chicken Pasta Recipe Ingredients:
- 500g Chicken Breasts
- 200g Bacon
- 1 Cup Swiss Chard Spinach (washed, de-stem and chopped)
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 Chillies (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Cream
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 300g Penne Pasta
Herbs, Spices & Oils:
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Chicken Spice
- Black Pepper
Related: Delicious Spicy Banana Bread Muffins
Easy Chicken Pasta Recipe Directions:
- Cook the Penne Pasta as per instructions on pack, for 2 min less than the on pack recommended
Cooking The Meats
- In a large skillet or pan, cook and crisp the Bacon (Be careful not to burn the base of your skillet or pan). Remove Bacon from the skillet or pan and keep warm.
- Chop or slice Chicken Breasts and season with Salt, Black Pepper and Chicken Spice.
- now, In the same skillet or pan heat Olive Oil on medium to high heat. Cook the Chicken Breasts, flipping often until the centre is no longer pink (Avoid over cooking the Chicken Breast, they cook very fast. The smaller the strips the faster it will cook). Once again remove Chicken from the skillet or pan and keep warm.
- Without washing or cleaning the skillet or pan, sauté half (1/2) the Onion, add the Garlic, Chillies. Once Onion starts to brown add the Paprika and Italian Seasoning let the flavour develop for a sec (please do not try take-in the aroma, it is quite strong). Bring back the cooked Chicken Breast, stir for a min on low heat and remove the mixture from skillet or pan to keep warm.
Cooking The Spinach With Tomatoes
- Still in the same skillet or pan, melt the Butter and sauté the remaining half (1/2) of the Onion, when the Onion starts to brown add in the Swiss Chard Spinach. Allow the Spinach to cook through until its water runs out (DO NOT ADD WATER), then add the Cherry Tomatoes. (if required add salt to taste). Cook for about a min.
- Next, to the Spinach and Tomatoes bring back the Bacon (step 2) and the Chicken (step 5). For the last time I promise, remove the Chicken, Bacon, Spinach and Tomatoes from the skillet or pan and keep warm.
The Creamy Sauce Finish
- At low heat and in the same skillet or pan add the Cream and the Three Cheeses (leaving out a small amount for topping)
- Then, to the Cream and Cheese sauce add in the drained Penne Pasta (step 1) and gently stir. Finally add in the Chicken, Bacon, Spinach, Tomatoes combination (step 7). Gently Mix well and season with Salt if necessary.
- SERVE, TOP WITH A SPRINKLE OF THE THREE (3) CHEESE AND ENJOY.
NOTE: IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT YOU MONITOR YOUR SKILLET OR PAN VERY CLOSELY AS YOU DO NOT WASH OR CLEAN IT THROUGHOUT THE RECIPE.
Here is some information that might be helpful.
to sauté is to fry quickly in a little hot fat
- Swiss Chard Spinach substitute with Baby Spinach
- Cherry Tomatoes substitute with any type of Tomatoes
- Italian Seasoning is a blend of ground Basil, Oregano, Rosemary, and Thyme. Meaning, if you have these there is no need to get Italian Seasoning
- teaspoon (also t or tsp.)
- tablespoon (also T, tbl., tbs., or tbsp.
Are you going to try this Quick and Easy Chicken Pasta Recipe? Feel free to brag about your success in the comments!