Guide to Making the Ultimate Health is Wealth Juice
In the spirit of new year resolutions and the year of fetch your body, I have created an easy-to-follow guide to the ultimate green juice. To add value to your #HealthIsWealth #CleanEating #BodyGoals I am sharing my guide with you.
Disclaimer: I am in no way a nutritionist nor a dietitian, therefore none of the advice given on this website is to be considered as medical advice. Please do not make any changes to your lifestyle or diet without discussing it with your doctor. For full disclaimer see my Disclaimer page.
What is green juice?
Green juice is a vegetable drink most commonly made from kale or spinach. The drink takes the green colour of the leafy green ingredients when juicing, hence the name “green juice”
Why is green juice good for you?
Green juice is packed with nutrients that are beneficial to your health. It will supply your body in plant nutrients and chlorophyll (liquid sunshine.)
What Chlorophyll is known to do:
- strengthens your immune system,
- assists in controlling inflammation,
- increases red blood cell production, and
- helps enhance your cells’ ability to transport oxygen.
- Weight loss or weight gain; depending on your goal the choice of ingredients can induce weight gain or weight loss. For weight gain introduce some higher calorie starchy vegetables like green peas and high sugar fruits like mangos. In contrary for weight loss, introduce mostly non-starchy veggies like kale and low-sugar fruits like lemon to control your calorie intake.
- Healthy Glowing Skin; One of the benefits of drinking green juice daily is it is rich in antioxidants, including vitamins C and E. These antioxidants help to rid your skin of the junk which may lead to acne. Vitamin A, on the other hand, is crucial for cell growth and regeneration. In addition, green juices are highly hydrating, and adequate hydration is an essential component in skincare.
- Amino Acids; Leafy green juices are excellent sources of amino acids, the building blocks of protein. Meaning green juice can help diminish:
- Difficulty losing weight
- Thin, dull hair & brittle nails
- Bags under your eyes
When should you drink green juice?
In my opinion whenever you want to drink it. Listen to how your body responds to the juice and do what works for you. However, for most people the best time is to drink green juice first thing in the morning. Ideally, to enjoy the full benefits you should start your morning by drinking a glass at least one hour (1 hr) before your morning meal or coffee. The reason for this is to make sure that your body holds onto these healthy nutrients from the juice.
Blending vs Juicing
You may be thinking: “I don’t own a juicer; can I blend the ingredients instead? Is it the same? Does it make much of a difference?”
Here is the difference: The End Product. The difference is that while juicing produces a final product which contains more nutrients in each serving, blending produces smoothies which have less concentration of nutrients in each serving. You can do either, whichever is convenient for you.
click here for an affordable Russell Hobbs JUICER
The guide to the ultimate green juice
Juicing is becoming wildly popular in the #HealthIsWealth community, above all the Green Juice. Juicing can get a little dull and I am noticing that more and more people are asking how to juice and what to juice for best results. Having juiced for a while myself, I felt inspired to put together an easy-to-follow guide on creating the ultimate green juice (as seen below) that will not have your taste buds snoozing.
Let me know when you try any of these by using the hashtag #LoveLeeLera on your socials.
Which combination are you looking forward to trying first? Let me know in the comments below.